Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Yarn Like Candy

Hi again!

This blog has not turned into a knitting-only-blog, I swear, it's just that I love knitting small stuff at the moment. This one was a gift for a friend who is anxiously waiting for her first baby to be born.


The yarn is the same one that I used here, Nalle Taika by Finnish yarn company Novita. The model is #35 in the magazine Moda 1/2013, also Finnish.


I have gotten so used to knitting in the round, that I cringed at the gazillion separate pieces that this baby-onesie is made of. I didn't have the courage to change the construction though, but maybe next time I will. Is it a Finnish preference to knit separate pieces and seam them together, instead of knitting in the round? I also found the instructions scarce, I think they assumed that the knitter has quite a lot of knowledge when it comes to getting the best end result.


I haven't really got that much more to say about this one. But you could of course pause for a moment and appreciate the couture design decision to use two different colored buttons, one at the top and one at the bottom, which stemmed from not buying enough buttons. You're very welcome.


I have got a whole lot of Christmas knitting going on over here. But I think the universe is against me finishing a pair of stinkin' cute mittens, but I have no idea why. Now that I think about it, I think the universe has something against me knitting something using two colors. Whyyy do I have to do everything over and over again? Whyyy?


I promised myself that I wouldn't get stressed out over hand-made Christmas-presents, but it's very difficult at the moment not to get pissed off over color knitting... VERY difficult. And to verify that, I'm now off to knit the same mitten for the third time. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment