It feels like everyone in the sewing blogosphere is excited by the approaching spring and spring weather. I felt bad because I'm not feeling the spring and summer groove like everybody else, or at least I did until I noticed the pictures. In the springlike pictures the grass is green, the flowers bloom and the sun is shining. Over here, we have ice and snow, which explains my lack of excitement. But don't worry, we will get to spring sometime in the next three months.
I think this is the last baby present knitted with this yarn. Or at least I'm kind of thinking that. This is the Little Nutbrown Hare by Sallie Cameron. I just realized when creating that link that I have forgotten all about the ribbons around the ears.
The ears were standing upright, but they got too soft for that after I soaked the hat, but I knew that would happen. The hat was still too big for the little guy who got it, but I was prepared for that too.
And now on to the Sunday Lately portion of the post:
- Creating - :: I've been knitting away, but haven't felt concentrated enough to sew or blog in the last couple of weeks. My sister got a matching pair of leg warmers though and I got to use all of this yarn.
- Finding - :: A shawl pattern to knit up next. I'm trying really hard to knit only from my stash and to not buy new yarn. I actually don't think my stash is huge, but it would still be nice to reduce it by half. Must. Have. Willpower.
- Switching - :: Sloooowly switching my mindset towards spring and away from winter. I've read a couple of blog posts about sewing out of season, meaning that now would be the time for me to sew summer clothes, or even fall clothes! I admire anyone who is capable of that, I know I'm not!
- Forgetting - :: I hope I'm not forgetting anything. I did forget that I had made plans with my sister and was then really excited when I thought she wanted to make plans with me. Plans that we already had made. Weeks ago. Whoops.
- Craving - :: Cake. And exercise. Makes perfect sense. Do not question it.