Friday, October 3, 2014

Bribing my photographer

The first rule of blogging? Keep your photographer happy or you will end up standing alone in a field, with your tripod, in the rain. Or at least that's my biggest fear.  


To keep that from happening I bribed my sister/photographer with a one-of-a-kind top, in a fabric that just screams her name. I'm very proud of this fabric. I was killing some time (who am I kidding, I was having the time of my life!) in a fabric store and found this small piece of viscose. It's soft and drapey without being see-through at all. The print is kind of old fashioned and the blue is an interesting shade, perfect for my sister. 


The repeat of this print is huge and I only had a small piece of fabric, so I concentrated on the pattern placement in the front. I'm so bad at pattern placement. My sister joked that as long as the birds aren't upside down, like who would be stupid enough to do that, right... I hadn't even thought about the stupid birds. Disaster barely averted. 


Being aware of the birds now, I tried not to decapitate any of them at the neckline or arm scythes. I finished the neckline and arm scythes with self-fabric bias binding, invisible this time. 


This is the same pattern as my TNT in the making-top. I fixed the weird post-finishing gaping under the arm by taking out a wedge of 1 cm at the front arm scythe. 1 cm was perhaps a bit much, but at least it fits snugly now.


It's October already, and I still have two more finished summer tops to photograph and blog about. If I keep up with this trend I'll be showing you mittens at Midsummer. Oh well, as long as we're having fun, right?


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!
    That fabric is amazing, and so is the placement!

    x. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the fabric too and I just had to buy it even if the colors don't work on me :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful!! i'd take bribes from you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any print with a bird on it is a win! Gorgeous top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And thank goodness the birds aren't upside down, when will I ever learn to consider the pattern... :D

      Delete